Great Angevin family owned the fief de l'Epinay. Aux Gastinel, founders of the fief in the twelfth century were followed by Vern Montalais the fifteenth and sixteenth, The Jaille in the 1451, les Brie-Serrant, the Andigné. It is the late sixteenth through the earth to the marriage Andigné family will retain the fee until 1730, date on which Cumont become owners. A descendant of this family, Arthur Cumont who inherited in 1874 Property, was Minister of’ Public Instruction. In our time, the fief was long the property of Mr. Gasiorowski then mayor of Saint-Georges. The castle was bought in 1988 after having suffered many years of neglect and was largely restored with great care.
Countess of minx of this famous comedy should part of its existence to a disputed title Prieur de l'Epinay which Racine, however, provides the privilege of "Andromache" in 1667. The feud also evokes one of the most prestigious French literature Jean RACINE names whose memory is curiously associated with the history of Epinay and more particularly to the Priory by the trial opposing Le Ferron for obtaining this load 1666 following the resignation of his uncle Antoine Sconin, Canon Uzes and Prieur de l'Epinay.